Mulch, which is material that’s placed on the soil surface, can greatly help your lawn, garden or landscaping projects. Overall, mulch is very beneficial because it can help your lawn both physically and aesthetically. Although using mulch is optional, it can protect your lawn if used properly. If you haven’t considered using it before, here are a some benefits you should consider:
- Reduces evaporation from soil surface, cutting water use by 25-50%
- Stabilizes soil moisture
- Moderates soil temperature extremes
- Can limit the amount of weeds that appear in your garden.
- During the Summer, mulch helps limit evaporation, which helps your soil retain moisture.
- Cedar bark mulch can be used as an insect repellent.
- Your yard waste, can be recycled as mulch. This saves money and time.
- Prevents soil compaction
- Controls soil erosion
Since mulch offers a variety of benefits, it is in lawn owners’ best interest to consider using it. There a several types of mulch, so carefully decide which type is the most appropriate for your lawn.
Just a friendly reminder, we currently have job openings, so if you are enthusiastic about lawn care please apply ASAP!